Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Pancake Tuesday....mmmmmmmm

So, today hasn’t been the best day I’ve ever had. I should have known first thing this morning when I got to the train station and I set off my car alarm and couldn’t quickly get it to shut off. I hate those people who’s car alarms go off for no apparent reason. However, once I got to work the bad luck continued when I dropped my security i.d. and swipe-y card (the one that gets me in and out of the building) right in the toilet. That’s correct…..right into the can. I know what you’re thinking, and NO I hadn’t actually used the toilet, but that doesn’t change how sick that is. The fact of the matter is, other people had used it, and let’s face it, the only thing that cleans that thing after people use it, is swishing water…it’s not clean in my mind. Anyway, I finished the work day off by walking all the way to the train station only to realize that my wallet was still at my desk. So back I go to the office and then on to the late train. Starting my evening of jewellery off late. Good news though, it’s PANCAKE TUESDAY! That means it’s pancakes for dinner! That’s enough to cheer anyone up! So while I wait for pancakes to cook I thought I’d take some pictures of my latest creations.
I’m currently working on some wedding jewellery. I have someone coming over on the weekend to choose some designs for her wedding in June. I’m not quite sure of her style or exact colours so I’ve made a bunch of stuff and hopefully we can work from there.
I picked out my favorite, it’s blue Topaz drops, the earrings are wrapped in wire and hung from sterling silver ear wires, and the necklace is also wrapped in wire and then hung on a sterling chain with a larger sterling silver circle.

If you ever wanted to know the difference between sterling silver and silver plated, the difference is the metal itself. Silver plated basically means the base is some other type of metal (such as copper) and then it’s coated in silver. Sterling silver with the 925 stamp on it means that the entire item is 92.5% silver and 7.5% other metals (usually copper). Fine silver is 99.9% silver and is usually considered too soft to make jewellery out of so they mix in 7.5% other metals to make it more structurally sound.
I’m off to make more jewellery – happy pancake Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin