Friday, April 10, 2009

Marley & Me

Well, I just finished watching the movie Marley & Me. I read the book and bawled, I should have known the movie would be worse, but I seem to be a sucker for punishment. Why did I just do that to myself! I don't want to deter anyone from watching it, because most of the movie is quite funny. I laughed pretty hard a few times (keep watch for when Marley tries to get out of the car as they are driving - too funny!) Maybe it's because my dog, Marty (see? it's like they are the same dog - even their names are similar), has done many of the things that Marley has done and acts pretty much the same. Maybe it hit me harder then it would others. Either way I was reduced to a sobbing wreck. Check out the trailer here...



I think the most profound thing the author, John Grogan, says is this...
"A dog has no use for fancy cars, big homes, or designer clothes. A water log stick will do just fine. A dog doesn't care if your rich or poor, clever or dull, smart or dumb. Give him your heart and he'll give you his. How many people can you say that about? How many people can make you feel rare and pure and special? How many people can make you feel extraordinary?"

Couldn't be more true....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin